the chairman of The Temple of Light. It was the start of a friendship that would last almost 40 years.
In 1953 George Woods took Mrs Betty Greene to meet Flint for the first time -
and between them, they began recording Spirit voice communications for the benefit of others.
Over the next 20 years Mr Woods and Mrs Greene visited Flint and recorded over 500 tapes of Spirit voices,
creating their own library of recordings.
Working together... Betty Greene (1908-1975) and George Woods (1890-1983)
Below: Reverend Charles Drayton Thomas with George Woods and his new magnetic tape recorder. (The Brush Soundmirror, Model BK-411 produced in the UK from 1948 by Thermionic Products.)
During the 1940s some of Leslie Flint's séances were recorded using American-built 'wire' recorders. These machines used reels of fine wire on which sound could be recorded.
These bulky machines were soon replaced by 'reel to reel' tape recorders, like the one pictured above, which initially used reels of specially coated paper tape for recording.
This delicate paper tape was improved upon for general use, when reels of 'magnetic tape' became available.
By the early 1970s, as technology improved, more professional upright recorders were used,
which enabled clearer recordings to be obtained.
When portable cassette recorders became available in the 1970s many of Leslie's sitters began taking their own equipment or tapes to record the séances.
Leslie Flint continued with his work until just before his death in 1994.
The Leslie Flint Educational Trust have thousands of these recordings collected over almost 60 years.
They represent the greater portion of the lifetime's work of Leslie Flint.
In 1995 Leslie's friend and supporter Reverend Larry Taylor arranged for the creation of the first website for the Flint Trust,as a place to share digitised versions of many recordings with the public.
Reverend Larry Taylor (1931 - 2012)
The bulk of this digital conversion work was done for the Trust by volunteer Jack Terrence Andrews.
The work continues today with the current website, as many of those original recordings are enhanced, transcribed by hand and previously unpublished recordings are digitised and added to the archive.